Facts about Cheryl Tiegs
Cheryl Tiegs Biography
Cheryl Tiegs was perhaps the most famous American model of the 1970s.
A blue-eyed honey blonde with sporty good looks, Tiegs debuted on the cover of Glamour at age 17, and later appeared on the covers of major magazines from Cosmopolitan to Time. She was a prominent spokesmodel for Cover Girl makeup.
Cheryl Tiegs also became a staple of the annual Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, causing a ruckus in 1978 when she appeared in revealing fishnet bathing suit. Soon after, a poster of Tiegs in a pink bikini became nearly as popular as the similar cheesecake poster of Farrah Fawcett. Tiegs posed for the cover of Sports Illustrated in 1970, 1975 and 1983.
Tiegs continued to model in her 40s and 50s and developed her own signature line of wigs for Revlon.
Cheryl Tiegs and her fourth husband, Rod Stryker, had twins by a surrogate mother in July of 2000, when Tiegs was 52; the boys were named Jaden and Theo. Stryker filed for divorce in 2001… Cheryl Tiegs has another son, Zach, from an earlier marriage to Tony Peck, son of actor Gregory Peck.
Something in Common with Cheryl Tiegs
- Models born in the United States (44)
- Models and Artists born in Minnesota (2)
- Models and Artists born in the United States (103)
- Libra Models and Artists (21)
4 Good Links
- Sports Illustrated magazine remembers one of its own
- Tiegs tells More that french fries "are my downfall"
- Ranging from The Bob Hope Comedy Special to The Brown Bunny
- Though they've marked her 'inactive,' FMD has her basic stats and appearances