A few notes:
– Century Regional Detention Facility is in Lynwood, which is about five miles south and east of downtown Los Angeles. It’s just off the Century Freeway, a few miles east of Los Angeles International Airport, and just north of notorious Compton.
Google has a helpful map.
– Hilton now has her own inmate information page from the LA County Sheriff’s Department. You can find it by searching for her (last name first, please) at this site. Her booking number is 9818783. The sheriffs say she’s 5’08” tall, weighs 115 pounds, and has green eyes.
– Hilton will be housed in the “special needs unit” for the duration of her stay. It’s a section of the jail set aside for police officers, celebrities, or other high-profile inmates who might have problems in the general jail population.
– Her jailhouse gear, according to MSNBC: “Besides a decidedly unglamorous orange jumpsuit, inmates are issued a standard-issue kit that includes: a toothbrush, tube of toothpaste, soap, a comb, deodorant, shampoo and shaving implements, along with a jail-issued pencil, stationery, envelopes and stamps.” No cell phones or BlackBerrys allowed.
– Reuters has a brief recap of the chain of events leading to Hilton’s jail time.
– Her projected release date (according to the inmate information page) is 26 June 2007. She was originally sentenced to 45 days in jail, but as the Los Angeles Times reports, “Because of state rules allowing shorter sentences for good behavior, sheriff’s officials said she was likely to serve about 23 days behind bars.”