Our new biography of Pete Buttigieg is now live.
Pete Buttigieg, as has been widely reported, has unusual credentials for a modern presidential candidate. He is:
- Under 40 years of age (born in 1982)
- A Naval Reserve veteran who served 7 months in Afghanistan
- A Harvard graduate and Rhodes scholar
- A linguistic prodigy who speaks somewhere between 6 and 8 languages, depending on who’s telling the story. They include English, French, Spanish, Italian, Norwegian, Arabic, Maltese and Dari (a form of Persian spoken in Afghanistan).
- The mayor of a city of 100,000 people (South Bend, Indiana)
Oh, and he’s a gay man who married his boyfriend, Chasten Glezman, last year.
Chasten (now Chasten Buttigieg) has also helpfully given the world guidance on how to pronounce Buttigieg:
— Chasten Buttigieg (@Chas10Buttigieg) December 17, 2018
“Buddha-judge” it is! See our full Pete Buttigieg biography »