The world’s timekeepers are adding one extra second to 2008 — Wednesday at 11:59:59 PM in London, 6:59:59 pm in New York — “to help match clocks to the Earth’s slowing spin on its axis.”
What will you do with that precious extra second?
- Freak out about the Earth’s slowing spin on its axis.
- Extra sip of pinot gris with dinner.
- Brief, jolly jig.
- Wonder if Brad and Angelina will adopt triplets in 2009.
- Mourn the passing of George Carlin by blurting out three of the seven words you can’t say on television.
- Mourn the passing of Charlton Heston by speed-murmuring “takeyourstinkingpawsoffmeyoudamneddirtyape.”
- Briefly imagine self in a jet-black Bettie Page wig.
- Jump in time machine, flash back to a Monday in July, cash out Bernie Madoff account, return one second later and tip lavishly the rest of the night.